Monday, September 17, 2012

Christmas Gift Ideas....

When I was putting together my project for this week I stumbled across a comment on Kerry's facebook group that got my attention. A group member had written:
I'm looking for something I can make each of my kids child care workers for Xmas. Budget of about $10 each. Any ideas anyone??
Although a few members had already replied with suggestions, I already had a great idea for her in the works so asked her to check this blog out today in the hope she will find inspiration in what I have made.


I learnt how to make this box in a craft group I belong to around a month ago. When I saw the post on the facebook group I thought this would be the perfect present to give to a Teacher/Child Care Worker. The inside of the box is around 4" square and will fit lots of goodies inside. You can fit a whole box of those Cadbury Celebrations in there or you could be creative and fill it with home made cookies or desserts, lollies, little trinkets, anything!

I pondered the thought that if someone wanted to give me a gift like this then what would it be filled with? EASY! Mine would be filled with all my favourite Nespresso capsules!!!
 
 


I also decided to make a gate fold card to go with my box as I wanted to use the cute little baubles that came in the collectables pack so figured a matching card would work!


 I used the Turtle Dove collection for these projects including the paper, rubons and collectables. I also added a little seam binding ribbon, silver rhinestones, mounting foam, martha stewart corner punch and last but not least the Darling Marci Stamp that I coloured with my Copic Markers. You can find most of these products in Kerry's store so head over and check them out so you can start working on your own handmade Christmas gifts.
I'm going to try and make a few of these boxes for christmas presents. They are so easy to put together and even easier to decorate! I hope that the lady who posted the question found some inspiration for her gifts and hope she sends us a photo to share what she came up with! And I hope that Santa got my hint too and puts a pretty box filled with Nespresso capsules on my present list. After all, I have been a very good girl this year ;0)
 Nxo

6 comments:

Belinda said...

Thats absolutely gorgeous Nicky. I think any teacher/childcare worker would love to receive something like that

free online books said...

Thank you for sharing me tricks about christmas gifts for sister. These ideas may help me

Hank hendricks said...

This is absolutely gorgeous..i really like it..thanks you share it.Order Business Cards.

Unknown said...

This christmas gift ideas is just adorable! I really need to make one of those You've been on busy quilter and it was fun to see your work.

Thanks for sharing and the

Kylie said...

What a gorgeous little box and card, Nicky! LOVE the hanging tag and your colouring is Awesome! LOVE the Kaiser collection you used too! Gorgeous work!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Miss Nicky said...

Thanks so much everyone for the lovely comments! Make sure you send us a photo of your projects so we can check them out xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...